Entel, Chile’s largest telecommunications company, has selected the Cisco Jasper Control Center IoT connectivity management platform to enable companies across industries in Chile to rapidly transform their businesses with IoT services.
“Businesses throughout Chile are pursuing IoT to help reduce costs, introduce new services and drive new revenues,” said Julián San Martín, VP Corporate Markets at Entel.
Through this partnership with Cisco, Entel intends to become a trusted partner for companies looking to accelerate their IoT success. Entel said that the new platform will offer its customers with the best solution for managing and monetizing their IoT service businesses.
The new IoT solution is expected to increase productivity and manage costs. It will also be able to deliver exceptional, consistent, and reliable customer experiences while getting their services to market in a fraction of today’s time.
Control Center enables IoT services across any industry – and certain industries in Chile have already shown strong demand for IoT:
- Fleet Management – IoT increases productivity and profitability of fleets with 24/7 visibility, automated control, and remote diagnostics for transportation and logistics companies.
- Security & Home Automation –Security and automation providers leverage IoT to accelerate installs and increase service reliability, automate monitoring for rapid response times, and reduce costly truck rolls with remote diagnostics.
- Retail & Point of Sale (PoS) –Retailers are capitalizing on IoT to offer new services, reshape the customer experience and enter new markets.
- Connected Health –IoT enables healthcare providers to deliver remote monitoring services which provide preventative, ongoing, and real-time monitoring of patients – anytime, anywhere.
- Smart Metering –Energy and utilities companies can leverage IoT to provide smart metering services that optimize the flow of information, improve asset performance, and increase energy efficiency.