Global LTE subscription surpassed 1 billion connections, ending 2015 with 1.068 billion. And, by the end of Q1 2016, LTE subscription reached 1.292 billion- connecting over 1 in 6 mobile users worldwide (17.4%). New subscriptions signed up during Q1 2016 at an average of 2 million per day, and the rate is accelerating. LTE is the fastest developing mobile system technology ever.
Skyrocketing mobile broadband demand is driving an ever increasing number of commercial LTE network deployments, more importantly in emerging markets.
This surge has seen 521 mobile operators commercially launching LTE or LTE-Advanced networks in 170 countries by July 2016. Moreover, 5,614 LTE user devices launched till July 2016.
As mobile network operators remain committed to deliver mobile broadband services over their LTE networks, a number of critical questions remain unanswered:
- How much revenue can an MNO generate with an LTE deployment?
- What is the typical ARPU for an LTE subscription worldwide or in particular regional market and how will it fluctuate in the next 5 years?
- What is the relative Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of an LTE network in comparison to competing technologies such as HSPA + and WiMAX?
- What is the market outlook for VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and wholesale LTE networks?
- How much CAPEX and OPEX would an MNO require to deploy at LTE network, and what strategies can be adopted to minimize both CAPEX and OPEX?
This report answers the aforementioned questions by quantifying LTE service revenues, subscriptions, ARPUs, CAPEX and OPEX. In addition, the report reviews key trends in LTE deployment strategies such as VoLTE and SMS over LTE, the wholesale deployment model, Self-Organizing Networks (SONs) and the emergence of the data off-load (small cells, HetNets, Wi-Fi offload) equipment market.
The report further provides a global review of LTE price plans and key MNO strategies for LTE pricing and marketing. The report is supplement by an excel based interactive forecasting suite that can be used to forecast LTE service revenue, ARPUs, and subscriptions for particular regional markets, countries or MNOs from 2016 till 2020.
For more information about this Research, please – write to – editor@LTEto5G.com